Disclaimer

Disclaimer: The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Saturday, June 2, 2012

T-minus 21 days

With 21 days left till I leave for Philly my life is about to kick into high gear. I've sold my car, gaming systems, custom desktop, and bulky old laptop in exchange for what most Americans would call 'survival gear'. . . and I couldn't be happier.

That said  my nerves are starting to kick in. Not in a "oh my god what the hell was I thinking" way, more of "a giant stay puft marshmallow man is approaching and I'm about to make smores" way.

As the 23rd gets closer I expect to feel something like this. . .

 Aren't graphs fun?!?

 I have also started laying out the things I plan on packing for Benin. Here is what I've got so far.


This is not quite everything I plan on bringing as I'm still waiting on my friendly UPS and Fed-Ex delivery men  to bring me various other packages.
Until then I plan on enjoying hot showers, meat, 52 inch televisions, road-trips, and my family and friends.



2 comments:

  1. You are awesome! Have a fabulous adventure. Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are so excited and I'm praying for your protection and guidance and wisdom.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete